Virgin Islands (U.S.)

Employer of Record in Virgin Islands (U.S.)

Only 499 EUR per employee per month

We currently do not offer any services in this country.
We're sorry for the inconvenience...

Rivermate's Employer of Record (EOR) solution helps companies hire remote employees in Virgin Islands (U.S.) . We take care of global payroll, taxes, benefits, compliance and HR activities. So you can focus on growing your business. Our Employer of Record (EOR) solution is beneficial to companies that want to hire remote employees in a breeze. On this page you will find employment information for Virgin Islands (U.S.).

Employer of Record people
A coin
United States Dollar
A pin
Charlotte Amalie
A paper airplane
Hire remote employees
A pile of gold
Line graph
GDP growth
Business suitcase
Ease of doing business
Planet earth
World GDP share

1. Grow your team in Virgin Islands (U.S.) with Rivermate as your Employer of Record (EOR) / PEO

Payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance can be difficult to manage in Virgin Islands (U.S.) , particularly if you don't have established local relationships. You can hire employees in Virgin Islands (U.S.) effectively, conveniently, and in full compliance with all relevant labor laws using Rivermate's global Employer of Record (EOR) solution. We handle the responsibilities and legal risks associated with foreign employment so you can concentrate on growing your company.

2. Summary

The Virgin Islands of the United States, often known as the United States Virgin Islands, are a collection of Caribbean islands and an unorganized and organized territory of the United States. The islands are part of the Virgin Islands archipelago and are situated in the Lesser Antilles' Leeward Islands, east of Puerto Rico and west of the British Virgin Islands.

The US Virgin Islands are made up of three major islands: Saint Croix, Saint John, and Saint Thomas, as well as 50 lesser islands and cays. The territory's entire land area is 133.73 square miles (346.36 km2). Charlotte Amalie, on the island of St. Thomas, serves as the territory's capital.

Previously known as the Danish West Indies of the Kingdom of Denmark–Norway (from 1754 to 1814) and the independent Kingdom of Denmark (from 1814 to 1917), they were sold by Denmark to the United States in the 1917 Treaty of the Danish West Indies for $25,000,000 and have since been an organized, unincorporated United States territory. The United States Virgin Islands are governed under the Virgin Islands Revised Organic Act of 1954, and five constitutional conventions have taken place since then.

The principal economic activity are tourism and allied areas.

Hiring talented employees in a short span is not an easy task. Partnering with an Employer of Record (EOR) like Rivermate in Virgin Islands (U.S.) is your best option, giving your organization enough time to focus on other aspects of international expansions like project management and inventory management. The EOR takes care of all the compliance and legal issues while helping you speed up hiring using their knowledge of domestic employment practices and virtual onboarding tools. Top EORs also have provisions for the e-signing of documents to enable faster onboarding.

3. Public holidays

4. Types of leave

There is no information about the types of leave for this country.

Paid time off

Public holidays

Sick days

Maternity leave

Paternity leave

Parental leave

Other leave

5. Employment termination

There is no information about employment information for this country.

Termination process

Notice period

Probation period

Severance pay

6. Working hours

There is no information about the working hours for this country.

General working schedule


7. Minimum wage

There is no information about the minimum wage for this country.

The Minimum Wage Rate in the U.S. Virgin Islands is $10.50 per hour.

8. Employee benefits

There is no information about the employee benefits for this country.

Mandatory benefits postulated by law include a probationary period, pay on annual leaves, public holidays, sick leaves, maternity leave, paternity leave, and overtime pay. Statutory benefits also include social security benefits.

9. Taxes

There is no information about the taxes for this country.

Corporate tax

Companies in the U.S. Virgin Islands are subject to a 10 percent corporate income tax rate.

Individual income tax

There is no personal income tax in the U.S. Virgin Islands.

VAT, GST and sales tax

There is no value-added tax (VAT) or goods and sales tax (GST) in the U.S. Virgin Islands.

10. VISA and work permits

There is no information about VISA and work permits for this country.

Foreign nationals who do not have permanent residence status or a work visa are unable to work in the United States. An employer who wishes to hire a foreign national may submit a petition for an employment visa with the United States Department of Homeland Security/United States Citizenship and Immigration Services ("USCIS") on behalf of the potential employee.

If the petition is accepted, the potential employee will need to get a "visa stamp" from a US embassy or consulate (Canadian citizens are exempt from this requirement). An employer must submit a petition with US Citizenship and Immigration Services in order to get a temporary work visa in the United States (USCIS). The visa request must contain an authorized petition; visa kinds include the following.

H-1B visas are intended for individuals with a college degree who are employed to do specialized job. The visa is good for three years and may be renewed for another three. The employer who submitted the petition is linked to the visa. If the employee's employer changes, the procedure must be repeated. Each year, 65,000 H-1B visas are available.

H-1B1 visas are available to Chilean and Singaporean candidates with a college degree. Each year, the US government provides up to 1,400 visas to Chileans and 5,400 visas to Singaporeans.

H-2A visas are intended for short-term or seasonal agricultural employment. It is only available to citizens of eligible countries. Usually good for up to a year, but may be extended for up to three years.

H-2B visas are for non-agricultural labor that is transitory. These visas are only available to citizens of certain countries. Usually good for up to a year, but may be extended for up to three years.

L visas are intended for intercompany transfers (people transferred from a foreign company to a US branch of the company.) The candidate must have worked for the firm for a year prior to the transfer and be in a management or higher level job with specialized expertise.

0 visas are reserved for those with exceptional aptitude in science, the arts, education, business, or sports.

The normal approach is for the employee to get a short-term work visa and then apply for an immigrant visa after beginning employment in the United States.

The following are the available visas for persons seeking employment-based immigration visas.

E-1 visas are reserved for those with exceptional aptitude in science, the arts, education, business, and sports.

E-2 visas are reserved for those with advanced degrees or outstanding aptitude.

E-3 visas are available for both skilled employees and professionals, as well as unskilled laborers.

E-4 visas are granted to members of certain immigration groups.

E-5 visas are intended for immigrant investors in US businesses (substantial investment)

Alternatively, an employer may sponsor a potential employee's application for permanent resident status, also known as a "green card," if the employee can demonstrate that he or she is a multinational executive/manager transferee, possesses unique skills, or has been offered a job in the United States. The employer must have been unable to find a U.S. worker who met the minimal standards for the employment.

All employers are required to ensure that all employees they hire are legally permitted to work in the United States.

11. Employer Of Record service terms

There is no information about the Employer of Record (EoR) service terms for this country.

Employment contracts

In the US Virgin Islands, employment contracts might be verbal, written, or implicit. Contracts, on the other hand, should be in writing with the conditions clearly stated out to protect both the employer and the employee. In practice, the majority of contracts are in writing.

The following are examples of common employment contract terms:

Employer and employee names

The kind and scope of the service to be provided

Salary and payment intervals

Salary and payment intervals

Start and end dates (if for a fixed-term)

Benefits and leave entitlements

With Rivermate being your Employer of Record (EoR) in Virgin Islands (U.S.), you do not have to worry about the employment contracts, as we take care of that.

Minimum assignment length

There is no set length for assignments. This is usually indicated in the employment contract for fixed-term employments.

Payment currency

United States Dollar

13.Opening a subsidiary in Virgin Islands (U.S.)

There is no information about the working hours for this country.

How to set up a subsidiary

Subsidiary laws

13. Why choose Rivermate as your Employer of Record / PEO in Virgin Islands (U.S.)

Establishing an entity in Virgin Islands (U.S.) to hire a team takes time, money, and effort. The labor law in Virgin Islands (U.S.) has strong worker employment protection, requiring great attention to details and a thorough awareness of local best practices. Rivermate makes expanding into Virgin Islands (U.S.) simple and effortless. We can assist you with hiring your preferred talent, managing HR and payroll, and ensuring compliance with local legislation without the hassle of establishing a foreign branch office or subsidiary. Our PEO and Global Employer of Record (EOR) solutions in Virgin Islands (U.S.) give you peace of mind so you can focus on running your business. Please contact us if you'd like to learn more about how Rivermate can help you hire employees in Virgin Islands (U.S.) via our Employer of Record (EOR) / PEO solution.

A woman relaxing and drinking coffee
Hire anyone, anywhere
Ready to get started?