There are numerous skills that can lead to a good job in Switzerland. The country produces high-tech products that demonstrate how skilled the workers are and how specific the industries are in performance. Aside from that, the service sector dominates the country, necessitating the hiring of skilled workers. High-level technicians, researchers, professors, doctors, and officers are all welcome.
Top Skills required in Switzerland:
- Engineering (automobile, electrical, etc.)
- Tourism (Hospitality, entertainment, etc.)
Despite the fact that the country is beautiful and expensive, resources are widely distributed across various regions, cities, and towns. As a result, each city has its own value and requires individuals with the aforementioned skills to live in that region.
- Zurich is the largest city in Switzerland, as well as the country's lifestyle capital and one of the most expensive places to live. The annual average salary in Zurich is $128,657 USD. Military officers, accountants, pilots, and vets are the most common occupations here.
- Geneva is the second-most populous city in Switzerland, after Zurich, and has a predominantly French-speaking population. The city serves as the country's financial and diplomatic center. The annual average salary in this city is around $124,758 USD. The most popular occupations here are in the technology and hospitality industries.
- Lucerne: The city has the majority of Switzerland's German-speaking population and is surrounded by many lakes. Lucerne also has a Chapel Bridge, which was built in the 14th century. The annual average salary in this city is around $118,455. IT, academics, health care, tourism (hospitality), and many other occupations are popular here.