Guyana's economy is gradually developing as a result of the recent finding of petroleum in its offshores. This would assist the country garner worldwide attention, resulting in increased business and employment prospects in Guyana. The finding of petroleum would also boost investment in contemporary areas such as information, communication, and technology, assisting Guyana in establishing its worldwide identity. The following are the top industries predicted to employ in Guyana in 2021:
1. Agriculture: Sugar has historically been one of Guyana's most important exports. However, the sector has fallen as a result of worldwide competition and other issues. Agriculture also accounts for 30% of Guyana's domestic GDP. The agricultural industry will also be looking for food professionals and trade specialists who can raise standards.
2. Aquaculture: Because Guyana is adjacent to the Atlantic Ocean, it is a popular destination for those interested in experiencing the variety of seafood and fish meals. The Guyanese government has also established a marine EEZ or Economic Zone, which would strengthen the sector's fisheries and by-product processing companies.
3. Information and Technology: As the number of smartphone users in Guyana grows, so will the number of work prospects for trained employees. Although the information and technology industry in the Middle East, Asia, and Europe is less significant, it is predicted to grow dramatically.
4. Mining: Aside from sugar, mining has been one of the major businesses contributing to Guyana's GDP growth. Gold and bauxite are plentiful in Guyana, and although the bulk of big mining operations are owned by foreign businesses, the majority of diamond and gold mining is done by small and medium-sized indigenous mining enterprises.
5. Guyana is a developing market with a wide range of work prospects for both skilled and unskilled people. The finding of petroleum has also made the country an attractive destination for international investment.