We're sorry for the inconvenience...
If you are interested in hiring a remote team in Ethiopia, or even just individual remote employees in Ethiopia, then you have come to the right place!
Rivermate is an Employer of Record (EOR) that offers Ethiopia payroll solutions. As a Ethiopia payroll provider, we will cover everything from salary, benefits, employer-to-employee contributions, and especially payroll compliance in Ethiopia. We are confident Rivermate’s payroll solutions Ethiopia will help you grow as a business—because now, you won’t have to worry about your payroll solutions Ethiopia. We take care of everything payroll!
With Rivermate, you can run Ethiopia payroll services in just one click—regardless of currency, benefits, insurance, and your local labor laws. Everything is automated. Our priority is for you to focus on your company’s strategy and growth.
Our Rivermate Global Payroll services are made especially for startups and scaleups. We know that startups try to be extra prudent when it comes to choosing a payroll provider, so it is our mission at Rivermate to be your most reliable and cheapest payroll provider option. So if you’re looking for global payroll providers for small businesses, look no further and book a call with us now!
For some businesses, establishing a subsidiary is a solution for payroll administration because it gives them the legal capacity to address local requirements. Rivermate can provide payroll outsourcing services for your company if you prefer a more time- and cost-effective alternative to forming a new business entity. We administer payroll using our existing legal entities in accordance with all local regulations.
You are responsible for withholding a percentage of each employee's pay and remitting it to the Ethiopian Revenues and Customs Authority each month (ERCA). Income taxation is levied:
1. Income of 0 to 600 Ethiopian Birr: 0% tax
2. Income between 601 and 1,650 Birr: 10% tax with a deduction of 60.00 Birr
3. Income of 1,651-3,200 Birr: 15% tax with a 142.50 Birr deduction
4. Income between 3,201 and 5,250 Birr: 20% tax with a deduction of 302.50 Birr
5. Income between 5,251 and 7,800 Birr: 25% tax with a deduction of 565.00 Birr
6. Income of 7,801-10,900 Birr: 30% tax with a 955.00 Birr deduction
7. Income exceeding 10,900 Birr: 35% tax with a deduction of 1500 Birr
You will also be required to contribute 11% of your employee pay to the country's social insurance system.
Companies that wish to expand their operations globally have four different payroll options in Ethiopia. These payroll options are:
1. Internal Payroll. This payroll option is applicable for already established companies in Ethiopia. It includes devoting an entire Human Resources staff to running the company's payroll procedures.
2. Remote Payroll. Smaller firms may lack the capacity to handle their own payroll, but they may add their workers to the parent company's payroll. This action, on the other hand, requires considerable thinking. You must guarantee that you follow the rules and laws of each nation.
Working with a local outsourcing firm is one method to retain money in the local economy, but you'll still need to study all of the local rules and regulations, since you'll be held responsible.
3. Ethiopia payroll outsourcing: Outsourcing your payroll to an Employer of Record in Ethiopia, such as Rivermate, is another alternative for Andorra payroll outsourcing. We can manage all aspects of your payroll, including compliance. Send us a note and we'll get back to you as soon as possible!
It is the obligation of the employer to ensure that all payroll-related transactions are properly documented and recorded. All salaries and compensation payments must adhere to the local minimum wage as well as other applicable laws and regulations.
Rivermate's payroll services in Ethiopia can assist you in staying in compliance with the country's ever-changing payroll rules. We provide an all-inclusive solution that covers everything from compliance and reporting to salary payments.)
Companies that have a business presence in Ethiopia have different ways of managing payroll. However, most of the options you have for running payroll in Ethiopia are either expensive or require establishing a subsidiary in Ethiopia. The cheapest, most efficient, and most reliable payroll processing system in Ethiopia is by outsourcing payroll to Employers of Record (EOR) in Ethiopia. Rivermate is one of those Employers of Record.
At Rivermate, we offer you the most efficient, most compliant, and cheapest HR and Payroll Management services in Ethiopia. We do this by taking care of your payroll-related needs, such as keeping track of your employees’ financial records, including incentives, gross and net salary, and payslips, all the while staying compliant with the labor laws in Ethiopia. Because we do your online payroll management for you, you can have absolute focus on your business’ strategy and growth.
Rivermate is all about growth through collaboration and we achieve this by offering the most reliable yet cheapest services for managing payroll for small businesses in Ethiopia.
Employers may terminate an employee's employment contract with advance notice.
Ethiopia has no national minimum wage. Only the public sector has a minimum wage, which is around 420 birr ($22). Some government agencies also have their own minimum wage.
The standard workweek is 40 hours, and the law requires eight hours of work per day or 48 hours per week. Daily hours may be increased if necessary during the week, provided they do not exceed 10 hours per day. Young employees are not permitted to work more than seven hours per day.
Additionally, employees are entitled to a consecutive 24 hours of rest each week. Sunday is the standard rest day, but workers may elect to work on another day if the nature of their job requires them to work on Sunday.
The business must be a member of the social health system, and employers must provide health insurance for their employees. Employers contribute 11% of payroll to social security on behalf of their employees.